Aluminium Federation of Southern Africa
- Aluminium metal production, both primary and secondary
- Semi-fabrication including extruded and rolled products
- Architectural / building and construction
- Fabrication / general engineering, including welding and bonding – covering a variety of market sectors such as those given below.
- Surface Finishing
- Suppliers to the industry.
AFSA (The Aluminium Federation of South Africa) is one of the more active aluminium industry associations in the world and has, since 1981, been involved in increasing the awareness and use of aluminium in Southern Africa.
It offers its members a wide variety of services, the most notable of which are technical information and advice, education, training and skills upgrading, a range of publications and market industry and business development support.
The purpose of AFSA is to:
- To promote the use and growth of aluminium usage,
- To promote the Southern African aluminium industry, both regionally and internationally, (To strengthen the pre-competitive platform so members are better able to achieve their individual business objectives.)
- To promote, represent and defend the interests of its members (The priorities of the Federation must reflect the priorities of its members.
- Assist members in matters where joint action is believed to achieve benefits greater than that of individual members and/or companies.)