ACIS is an a-political, autonomous, private, non-profit association which was founded in 2000 with the aim of contributing to the promotion and development of commerce and industry in the Province of Sofala through the strengthening and sustainability of local business, as well as contributing to the development in Mozambique of an economy based on private sector participation.
Based on its Articles of Association, ACIS’ principle objectives are to:
- Promote, support and protect the interests, in particular of its associate members, but also of businesses which undertake commercial and industrial activities in Sofala.
- Promote commerce and industry in Sofala.
- Discuss and resolve problems of concern to businesses and industries in Sofala.
- Negotiate and discuss the problems and concerns of businesses and industries in Sofala with local and central government.
- Circulate information amongst associate members.
- Establish a link between central and local government and businesses and industries of Sofala for the disclosure and exchange of information.
- Provide assistance to associate members who are promoting investments in Mozambique in particular in Sofala Province.
- Deliver commentary regarding legislation relating to commercial and industrial activities, and to participate in and encourage its development.
- Collaborate with foreign associations whose objectives coincide with those of ACIS, as well as with other national and foreign business associations.
- Represent its associate members, in or out of the country, in institutions, agencies and associations. This includes affiliating, collaborating or cooperating with any organisations of interest to ACIS.
- Attract and encourage new investment into Sofala.
- Offer potential new investors an information service regarding investments in Mozambique, especially in Sofala.
Avendia Poder Popular No. 264,
5o Andar, Prédio de AMI,