Arup (Pty) Ltd is a Southern African firm with a staff of 400 and a track record of over 60 years. We are based in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban and Port Louis.
We are part of Arup Africa which includes Botswana, Mauritius, Nigeria and Zimbabwe.
As part of the global Arup Group, we draw on the expertise and resources of over 12 000 staff operating from a network of over 92 offices in more than 40 countries.
Our clients are national and international, in the public and private sectors. Our capabilities include:
- Building Engineering - Civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, public health and façade engineering for buildings and other special structures.
- Development Planning - Project feasibility, economic and environmental impact studies, land-use studies, financial, strategic and business planning.
- Sustainability - Considerations are reflected in our multidisciplinary approach to delivering sustainable design solutions based on the cornerstones of environmental integrity, economic viability, social welfare and natural resources.
- Industrial Projects - Multidisciplinary engineering, project management and cost control services on industrial buildings. Civil and structural engineering for heavy industrial and chemical facilities.
- Infrastructure - Civil engineering, roads, urban and rural infrastructure water and sanitation engineering.
- Major Projects - Strategic advice and management services to clients for procurement and delivery of major projects.
- Project Management - Scope, time, cost, risk and value management.
- Transportation Planning - Traffic impact assessments, strategic planning, traffic modelling and engineering, public enquiries, expert witnesses and support for EIA’s.
- Management Consulting -Transaction advice, public private partnerships structuring, due diligence, financial analysis and business planning.
- Interchange Design - This specialist technical architectural practice specialises in the planning, development and design of transport projects within the urban realm.
- Cities - Integrated masterplanning, urban design and strategic spatial planning at regional, city and neighbourhood scales, incorporating in depth economic and demographic analysis, and program management for effective and implementable place-making.
- Site Development - Design and project management services across the full range of civil infrastructure disciplines comprising of principally: access roads, earthworks, reticulation networks (water; sewer; stormwater), pump stations, pipelines, reservoirs and utility co-ordination.
- Building Information Modelling (BIM) - an information-centric process of collating and managing pre-defined outcomes throughout the various stages of a building’s lifecycle by all the professionals involved. BIM can be thought of as a digital virtual prototype – whether of a building, a site, an infrastructure system or a city.