About Joining MCLI
Who can join?
This is an initiative for all stakeholders with an interest to move cargo along the Maputo Development Corridor. A great deal of interest and support has been shown by a wide spectrum of stakeholders across South Africa, Mozambique and Swaziland. These include government departments, cargo owners, road hauliers, inter-modal operators, rail service providers, logistics companies, clearing agents, forwarding agents, shipping lines, port agents, shipping brokers, professional bodies, associations, financial institutions, border post management and officials.
The success of any association is dependant on participation by ALL and benefits to ALL interested stakeholders / members, so in order to determine the level of interest for future participation in this initiative we kindly urge you to take a couple of minutes to revert to us with your views and data for inclusion in our database with the view to set up a web-site providing links to all service provider websites as well as information sharing on a non-preferential basis.
Membership or Partnership?
MCLI offers two ways in which you can participate to make the Maputo Corridor the First Choice for All its Stakeholders. Membership is intended for all stakeholders with a direct operating interest in the development of the Maputo Corridor, whereas Partnerships are intended for a stakeholders who act on behalf of its members, such as Business Chambers and Associations. Please take some time to read about our Membership Benefits below. To find out more about becoming a Cooperating Partner.
- Opportunity to participate and approve the initiatives of MCLI
- Be informed of policies and initiatives of MCLI
- Participation in quarterly strategic forum of key stakeholders
- Acknowledgement as Key Stakeholder in the Maputo Corridor Service Provider Directory as well as all external communication
- Frequent electronic newsflashes containing up to date information on developments of the Corridor
- Invitation to Meetings & Forums such as:
- Constraint resolution and development meetings with both public- & private parties on the Corridor
- Corridor user's forum
- Service Provider's forums
- Operational staff training forums
- Potential shipper's forum
- Industry related forums
- Fact finding visits to key Corridor facilities and sites
- MCLI Focus Workgroups
Membership is based on a membership fee structure. Participation is open to the widest range of stakeholders, with membership fees based on affordability in terms of the size of organisations. MCLI strives to guide the initiative according to an ethos based on the following principles:
- Commitment to good corporate governance
- Accountability and transparency
- Professionalism in all we undertake
- Effectiveness and efficiency